Sunday 13 October 2013

Moel Fammau - Fun & Fungi




12 October 2013





I love going to Moel Fammau country park. It is a very beautiful place.  Moel Fammau is the largest hill in the Clwydian Range. (An area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) the Clwydian Range is one of only 8 protected Landscapes in Wales)

Today I walked to the very top and explored lots of wooded areas on the way. I was so excited when I started to find lots of different fungi. I think fungi is very pretty, especially the red and white spotted fungi and the white feathery looking fungi.

At the very top of Moel Fammau there are no woods, the woods are lower down.  It was very cold and windy at the top and misty, a big cloud was sitting on the hill. There is a hill fort at the top.  When I was in the woods it felt warm and I played in a den with my cousin Owen and sister Francesca.
















 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nicola Dad and Alexandra What great pictures and finds I think one mushroom is called the Shaggy parasol Red Spotty Ones Fly Agaric I think I can see two little monkies peaking out !! Fantastic wooly hat !!!! Well Done All . Do you think Deer nibble on the mushrooms ? . Best Wishes Colin D

    ReplyDelete

I hope you like my blog. It would be nice to know if anyone is actually reading it, so please feel free to write a comment and let me know! Alexandra :-)