Wednesday 28 August 2013

White legged snake millipede (Tachypodoiulus niger)

28 August 2013 

I went bug hunting in Moel Fammau. I found a millipede hiding in an old stone wall.  It had lots of white legs and a black shiny body.  It was a funny thing as when I picked it up, it spun around and around very fast in circles and then rolled up into a ball with its legs on the inside and head in the middle.  I also found a small box of treasure in the stone wall that was really exciting. In the box was a balloon, a toy dinosaur, a necklace, a pen, paper and a gift card.  I left the treasure in the wall for someone else to find.


The millipede was hiding in this stone wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you like my blog. It would be nice to know if anyone is actually reading it, so please feel free to write a comment and let me know! Alexandra :-)